• Create Account

Some Jazz Piano.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Moritz P.G. Katz   Members   -  Reputation: 1053

2Likes

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hey,

Hope everyone's doing well?
I'm quite busy at the moment, but when I find the time, I like to play old standards on piano. It's kind of an oddly specific hobby, at least here in Germany - and I never really play live or make use of this style in my productions.
That's probably why I'm not a very good player, but following the chords is good training for both theoretical and hearing skills. Plus, it's fun!

Anyway, I thought I'd share some of it with you.
https://soundcloud.com/mpgk/sets/piano-improvisations

Nothing fancy sound-wise, I just put my Zoom H-2 recorder on top of an old piano.

Any feedback welcome, of course!

Any other jazz fans out there? Nate, I recall you play the sax, do you go to sessions from time to time or something?

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

Sponsor:

#2 nsmadsen   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3923

0Likes

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Nice playing! :) There's nothing like a one-take recording when playing jazz. I enjoyed it.

Yes, I do sessions for both piano and saxophone. I'd love to collaborate with you on something for fun! :) (Or for serious!)

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS