• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Code Review Basics

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 litta_gator   Members   -  Reputation: 116

0Likes

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

I am new to GameDev.net, and so I apologize if this topic has already been posted:

I am wondering how I should go about posting code, in order to receive a code review. Any information or advice on this would be extremely helpful.

Edited by junebug217, 16 April 2013 - 11:02 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 litta_gator   Members   -  Reputation: 116

0Likes

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Never mind. Someone else has posted a game of Pong, and I found my answer through that post.

#3 thok   Members   -  Reputation: 693

0Likes

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

If you want to post code for review, make it as easy to view as possible.

For small bits of code, use Github gists and pastie.org, for example. This is means code can be viewed in the browser without having to go and download a .zip/.rar/.tar file.

For larger bodies of code, host it somewhere like code.google.com or github.com. Again, this is useful so you don't have to ask people to download and extract an archive.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS