• Create Account

XNA Battleship Network Multiplayer Game help

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shrikky   Members   -  Reputation: 119

0Likes

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hey guys, I am planning to code a battleship game for my network module. Turn based 2D game. I would like to know if creating a 2D grid and placing the sprites on it is the best way to do it ? if so, pls give me some link so I can learn about it . Do give me some tips/ inputs in creating this game in general as well. 

Edited by Shrikky, 17 April 2013 - 08:21 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Xanather   Members   -  Reputation: 703

0Likes

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

If you dont know when to use or not use if statements, then I think you are looking to far ahead for making a multiplayer game.

I recommend http://www.amazon.com/Learning-XNA-4-0-Development-Windows/dp/1449394620

You could also buy a good learners C# book to learn about the language in general.

#3 Shrikky   Members   -  Reputation: 119

0Likes

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

If you dont know when to use or not use if statements, then I think you are looking to far ahead for making a multiplayer game.

I recommend http://www.amazon.com/Learning-XNA-4-0-Development-Windows/dp/1449394620

You could also buy a good learners C# book to learn about the language in general.

Hi its not like that , i've finished 2 projects already I aksed that question because I wanted to know if i did it the right way

Anyway pls leave that , Do let me know how do i create a 2D matrix grid for this game 

Edited by Shrikky, 17 April 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#4 hplus0603   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4960

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

You either use a sparse grid with a hash table (coordinates are the key) or a fully populated grid as a two-dimensional array.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS