• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

How to add actions on a .3ds model?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 ybc_us   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 October 2001 - 01:58 PM

Hi, I am a new game programmer. I want to make an action game,something like FIFA. The characters need a lot of actions attached with it. I want to use AI code to select these prerecorded actions and make a new movement sequence for the character.To make the character realistic,I plan to build the model in 3ds MAX. But I don''t know if I can make the action animation in 3ds MAX and export that animation model(not animated frames) into some programming environment, which is similar to Visual C++, allowing me to write AI code using C++ to generate the movement sequence. Or I have to export 3d static model made in 3ds MAX and write the action description code using C++? Assuming that there are a lot of actions I want to attach on the character.I don''t know if the action code description will be very tedious. Does anyone know the process how to make such kind of project? Thank you for help!

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS