Hy, i want to learn how to make a multiplayer game and i want a good program to do this and this program can do 3d. I don't like gamemaker is bad. I want to do a game from 0.
Thanks in advnace.
Sorry my bad english.
Jump to content
Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:11 AM
You have to make up your mind: do you want to make a game from 0 or do you want to use a program to make your game. (You can't do both at the same time).
That said, on Windows you can't get much closer to 0 than with DirectX or OpenGL (atleast not if you want hardware accelerated 3D) and your favourite programming language (Doesn't really matter which language you choose). (on Mac and Linux you only got OpenGL for hardware accelerated 3D)
1) Pick a language (C++, Java, C, C#, Python, Visual Basic.Net, Boo, or whatever you feel like, it doesn't really matter).
2) Download a IDE and compiler/vm for that language
* Visual Studio Express is a good option for C++, C, C# and VB.Net and is available for free from microsoft.com
* eclipse and the Oracle JDK are good options for Java and can be downloaded from eclipse.org and oracle.com
* Python can be downloaded from www.python.org , any decent text editor will work for writing the code.
* Google can help you find compilers and IDEs for other languages.
3) Start learning, don't expect to be able to make graphical, let alone multiplayer 3D games immediatly.
If you want to actually make a 3D multiplayer game and the whole "from 0" thing is less relevant you should take a look at UDK or Unity3D instead.
Edited by SimonForsman, 18 April 2013 - 10:13 AM.
Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:50 AM
Thanks, but i need a site how to learn programming. I know PHP, HTML, CSS and JS. I want to learn how to programming a video game:D
You could also make a game using HTML and JS if you want. (even multiplayer 3D games are possible with WebGL and WebSockets)
Edited by SimonForsman, 19 April 2013 - 09:52 AM.
Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:08 AM
For the 3D part 'from 0' (after you learn programming - which will take a wjile) DirectX has had a pretty good set of tutorial programs that you can learn alot from (Im not familiar with OPENGL but by now they may have the same)
Multiplayer you need to learn about the networking aspects - a whole nother set of stuff to learn.