• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

Space Invaders clone

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 tp9   Members   -  Reputation: 533

1Likes

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Here's my second project that I recently completed. It's a space invaders clone written with the Pygame library. My main goals were collision detection, basic enemy AI, sprite sheet and sprite handling, and timing.

Bugs Invade

My current project is a level editor for a Pygame tutorial. I hope to have it completed and posted here within the next week.

Sponsor:

#2 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2061

0Likes

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm learning Python right now! How easy is it to pick up the pygame library after getting a grip on the language?

Cheers :)!

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja ph34r.png!

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here smile.png!

#3 tp9   Members   -  Reputation: 533

0Likes

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Very easy. Here's the only tutorial that I needed to start making games with Pygame.

Making Games with Python & Pygame

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS