• Create Account

Ways to avoid California's franchise tax

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 emcconnell   Members   -  Reputation: 926

0Likes

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

I want to look at the cheapest way to form a company in California. I know about a DBA, but I'd rather look at forming a LLC or possibly a Corp. I looked into creating a Delaware LLC to avoid California's $800 franchise tax. From all my research, even if the company only does online business, if the operations and employees are located in California, you are still required to pay that tax. Does anyone have any information on this or any other options to form a company in California?

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10158

0Likes

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

If you're physically living in California and you make money, you have to pay California tax. Talk to your accountant and your lawyer.

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 DT....   Members   -  Reputation: 487

0Likes

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

Does anyone have any information on this or any other options to form a company in California?

http://www.kickstarter.com

#4 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 19350

0Likes

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

http://www.kickstarter.com

That's not really an answer -- or even relevant -- to the question being asked Don, please try to pay attention to the topic at hand before replying. smile.png

#5 emcconnell   Members   -  Reputation: 926

0Likes

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

If you're physically living in California and you make money, you have to pay California tax. Talk to your accountant and your lawyer.

Thanks for the straight answer Tom

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS