• Create Account

unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Salami   Members   -  Reputation: 118

0Likes

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

#include <windows.h>
int WINAPI winMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,LPSTR lpCmdLine,int nShowCmd)
{
    MessageBox(NULL,L"Some text",L"Info",MB_OKCANCEL | MB_ICONINFORMATION);

return 0;
}

Error    1    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup    C:\Bob\Projects\Part1\Part1\MSVCRTD.lib(crtexew.obj)    Part1

Sponsor:

#2 Endurion   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3423

0Likes

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

That .cpp/.c file where you entered that code, make sure you add it to the project. Right Click on the Solution Explorer and choose "Add". Once the file shows up there it should be compiled and linked.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

#3 Zaoshi Kaba   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3974

5Likes

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

It should be WinMain not winMain, that's about it.

#4 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 18278

0Likes

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Why was the original post deleted? In the GameDev.net community, we generally leave them in place for future programmers who have the same problem.

Zaoshi Kaba's solution is the correct answer; it's an easy mistake to make and one that future programmers will likely make and need to know the solution of. 

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                            [Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS