• Create Account

What is a Main Programmer and what do they do?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 warnexus   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 1226

3Likes

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

When I beat a game, there is a credit that displays the title "Main Programmer". I remember this role is associated with a maximum of one or two people.

What is a Main Programmer and what do they do?

I could not find any results using Google.

Sponsor:

#2 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 9659

7Likes

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

They are the programmer(s) who take the heaviest load of programming tasks and may have other duties such as organizing/directing the other programmers.

They are typically the most experienced of the group and their code is likely to be related closely to the main gameplay aspects of the game, although there is no rule dictating this and may vary widely between projects.

L. Spiro

Edited by L. Spiro, 25 April 2013 - 06:39 PM.

It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”
L. Spiro Engine: http://lspiroengine.com
L. Spiro Engine Forums: http://lspiroengine.com/forums

#3 warnexus   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 1226

0Likes

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

They are the programmer(s) who take the heaviest load of programming tasks and may have other duties such as organizing/directing the other programmers.

They are typically the most experienced of the group and their code is likely to be related closed to the main gameplay aspects of the game, although there is no rule dictating this and may vary widely between projects.

L. Spiro

Thanks so much for the interesting and detailed information, L. Spiro! smile.png

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS