• Create Account

Hello! What's your opinion of this tracks?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 EstudioEvergreen   Members   -  Reputation: 146

1Likes

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

Hello!

I'm doing music for free for other people's game and I'm always looking to improve. I would like to have some feedback in a few themes if possible:

This is a chiptune oriented track for a very simple and funny zombie game. Maybe too simple but it seems it works. What's your opinion?

https://soundcloud.com/estudioevergreen/01-estudio-evergreen-safe-in?in=estudioevergreen/sets/legenda-scintila-ost-2012

And now something more orchestral for a game that was the final thesis of a friend. The requisites was to be something funny and with a battle spirit all together:

https://soundcloud.com/estudioevergreen/03-sion-tower-fase-1?in=estudioevergreen/sets/sion-tower-bso-2011

I'm looking forward to your opinion smile.png. Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Estudio Evergreen.

Edited by EstudioEvergreen, 25 April 2013 - 05:59 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Olliepm   Members   -  Reputation: 260

1Likes

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

The chiptune was interesting, and pretty cool.  I think it would be better if the lead melody wasn't looping constantly, because I can see it getting annoying after a while (assuming the zombies are being held off for extensive amounts of time).  I suppose if this wasn't something you wanted to do, you could change the sample for that lead sound to something that doesn't sustain as long, like a glockenspiel type sound?

The only thing I could suggests for the orchestral piece was that the lower range woodwind (I think) instrument sounded a little too much like a sample instrument, so maybe try some chorus, reverb, or edit each notes velocity to make it sound a little more human; by the time the arpeggiated part kicked in I really loved the track. I think it's really good and quite pleasant to listen to, so it'd be well suited to a game.  

All in all, I dig :)

My sound design: (Under construction!)

My music: https://soundcloud.com/echo-gecko

Contactolliepm@googlemail.com

#3 EstudioEvergreen   Members   -  Reputation: 146

0Likes

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for the comments!

About the zombies, this was the song for the "city" so you are not supposed to be there a lot, lot of time, but anyways I will check it.

About the woodwind, you are totally right. It should sound more natural, I will probably try to resample this in the near future. With more human things. I will post it again when I have it ready ;)

#4 10aheadgames^RH   Members   -  Reputation: 295

0Likes

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

A quick comment on the Sion Tower - Tema Principal; A struck of genius at 2:11, but it dies again at 2:14. The way you all of sudden mellowed down was beautiful, I just wish you'd stay there for a while.

Rune Hansen

Developer

10ahead Games

www.10aheadgames.com

#5 BeatscribeMusic   Members   -  Reputation: 178

0Likes

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

The chiptune track is pretty nice. Reminds me of Sega/SNES a bit. Nice progression on the melody too, but it is just a bit repetitive. Something about the bass seems to stick out a bit to me too. 

The orchestral one is just begging for some thundering Timpani rolls and hits, in my humble opinion :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS