• Create Account

Changing stat in game XNA

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 rafciok_6   Members   -  Reputation: 119

0Likes

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hello 

I am working on my 2D game in XNA but I stuck in one point. When I lose all lives in the game Game Over screen appear than I go back to the Main Menu, but when I want to start game again I go back to the point in the game when I lost. My question is maybe you guys know if XNA provide any function which will allows reset  everything ( all objects) to the start position. I mean to the position where was created on the beginning.

Thank You for any suggestion    

Sponsor:

#2 walsh06   Members   -  Reputation: 662

2Likes

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

The way I usually do this is call my object constructors when a new game is started. The old objects will be gone and youll have "reset" your objects effectively. Im not sure if this is the most efficient but its easier than making specific reset methods.

#3 rafciok_6   Members   -  Reputation: 119

0Likes

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

That might be good idea. At least I will try to do it.

Thank you 

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS