Standing out from the crowd

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 10 years, 11 months ago

Hi

I have long shown an interest in video game design and production and over the years have had many ideas of what I think would be a good game to make (almost always something ambitious), yet I am fully aware that millions of other young people have the same passion and their own ideas about what would make the perfect video game.

What ideas and concepts would help to get peoples attention and to stand out from the crowd? I myself have little to no programming skills, (though i'm currently learning c# and Blender), and so I know that other people would be needed to help my ideas come to fruition.

This brings me to the next problem of finding a team of like minded people who would have the motivation and skills to help out. How would be the best way of going about getting people to take interest and assist on a project? I know that each person helping would have their own lives and problems and so would be difficult to keep motivated and convince them to stay on the task rather than drift onto the next idea that takes their fancy.

Thanks for any advice and assistance given.

Comrade Jenkens

Advertisement

1. over the years have had many ideas of what I think would be a good game to make...
What ideas and concepts would help to get peoples attention and to stand out from the crowd? I myself have little to no programming skills, (though i'm currently learning c# and Blender), and so I know that other people would be needed to help my ideas come to fruition.

2. This brings me to the next problem of finding a team of like minded people who would have the motivation and skills to help out. How would be the best way of going about getting people to take interest and assist on a project? I know that each person helping would have their own lives and problems and so would be difficult to keep motivated and convince them to stay on the task rather than drift onto the next idea that takes their fancy.

1. No game ideas will make you "stand out from the crowd." It doesn't work that way. What will make you an attractive team member is a willingness to do anything you can to help the team make the game that the team wants to make.

2. Use the Classifieds. Before you try to create a team, join one and make yourself a valuable contributor. If they need coffee, go get coffee. If they need someone to research asset licenses, research asset licenses. If they need someone to find a meeting place, find a meeting place.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement