A Super Mario Source Code

Started by
5 comments, last by Piotr Podsiad?y 10 years, 11 months ago

I am a Beginner of game programming, i wrote a simple game like super mario using the C language and MappyAL Library.

I think you will learn a lot of 2D game programming skills from this game, just enjoy!

Advertisement
not bad at all, but even if you don't like OO (like me, i think people generally go way overboard with OO,)
it's still nice to use certain aspects of it, especially with matrices and vectors
passing pointers around is also something i like less and less, since its so easy to pass references around smile.png

its just better code, with no effort smile.png
nice demo though
Thanks for sharing. I think those monolithic subroutines can be split into many smaller subroutines, to help readability.

passing pointers around is also something i like less and less, since its so easy to pass references around

Yes, but there is no pass by reference in C, so pointers will have to do.

I am having issues running the program on my computer. I get a message that changes it to windows 7 basic colour (but when does it not with Allegro apps?). The main issue I have is that it doesn't look like it refreshes/redraws itself and I move, and 5 seconds later I'll be at another portion of the level, frozen again. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also, include the alleg42.dll with your exe as I had to put it in myself for it to run.

Regards,

Stitchs.

Ok, so I rarely download source code, but I'm assuming that since it's in C, I need something that isn't Visual Studio to view it, right?

Nice, I like it.

But as already mentioned, remember to put your required .dll's and other files in the zip.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to play it on Linux. It seems like the game divides something by zero. I'm posting output from the debugger, hope it helps.

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
0x0000000000407726 in MapDrawBG (mapdestpt=0x690280, mapxo=0, mapyo=0, mapx=0,
mapy=0, mapw=0, maph=0) at mappyal.c:1378
1378 mymappt += (mapxo/mapblockgapx)+((mapyo/mapblockgapy)*mapwidth);
(gdb) print mapblockgapx
$1 = 0

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement