• Create Account

Journal View Count Not Updating

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Net Gnome   Members   -  Reputation: 769

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

I've noticed that sometime mid-week last-week that published journal page views seemed to have stopped updating (at least for me). Newer journals show constantly at 0 views and older journals appear frozen at their last view-count. This doesn't appear to be tied to a specific browser as chrome, chromium, firefox, and opera render with unupdated views and also doesnt appear to change regardless of whether or not I am logged in.

Anyway, figured I would let you know.

Sponsor:

#2 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9594

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

Some page content is cached rather than updated dynamically every time a page is viewed. So if you view the same page multiple times within a time span of minutes then things like view count not appearing to update is normal. If your views are separated by a day then not updating would not be normal.

#3 Net Gnome   Members   -  Reputation: 769

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Ive tried this several days apart. posts from last week are still stagnant, they should have been re-cached by now.

#4 achild   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1798

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Likewise. They haven't updated for a week now, literally since I posted a journal. For me it starts at "achild's journal" journal with 0 views, and 0 views on everybody's journal since. Normal forums work fine.

Edited by achild, 08 May 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#5 Net Gnome   Members   -  Reputation: 769

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

looks like the view counts are working again! :D

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS