Journal View Count Not Updating

Started by
3 comments, last by NetGnome 10 years, 10 months ago

I've noticed that sometime mid-week last-week that published journal page views seemed to have stopped updating (at least for me). Newer journals show constantly at 0 views and older journals appear frozen at their last view-count. This doesn't appear to be tied to a specific browser as chrome, chromium, firefox, and opera render with unupdated views and also doesnt appear to change regardless of whether or not I am logged in.

Anyway, figured I would let you know.

Advertisement
Some page content is cached rather than updated dynamically every time a page is viewed. So if you view the same page multiple times within a time span of minutes then things like view count not appearing to update is normal. If your views are separated by a day then not updating would not be normal.
Ive tried this several days apart. posts from last week are still stagnant, they should have been re-cached by now.

Likewise. They haven't updated for a week now, literally since I posted a journal. For me it starts at "achild's journal" journal with 0 views, and 0 views on everybody's journal since. Normal forums work fine.

looks like the view counts are working again! :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement