• Create Account

Physics library for pool game?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vortez   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2704

0Likes

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hi, i've been trying to roll my own physic engine by reading some articles on the net for a pool game, and at first it worked well for 2 balls, but when i add more it dosen't work as it should. Sometimes the ball pass right through other balls or even the corner when the angle is tight. (i haven't implemented balls falling through the holes yet).

Is there an easy to use library i could use for this? What id like is a very simple, yet effective one. I glanced over havoc a minute or two and it seem faily advanced, i would'nt know where to start or how to plug this into my game engine at all.

Any idea?

Edited by Vortez, 11 May 2013 - 08:40 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 9276

0Likes

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Box2D, farseer physics are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS