• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

Android Studio

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor Ringo   Members   -  Reputation: 176

0Likes

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hey guys, have you downloaded Android Studio? I installed the IDE but it won't run, btw I'm running Windows(8). So what could I do to get the IDE working?

Sponsor:

#2 EVIL_ENT   Members   -  Reputation: 212

0Likes

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

http://www.ootpapps.com/2013/05/android-studio-wont-open-how-to-fix-android-studio/

Does not always work though (e.g. not for me).

#3 Taylor Ringo   Members   -  Reputation: 176

0Likes

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

Okay it opened but I keep getting this prompt: Your Android SDK is out of date or you have some templates missing. Please make sure you have SDK Version 22." now I have updated the SDK version to 22 from the ADT Bundle. Or were there supposed to be another SDK Manager for Android Studio?

#4 Strategy   Members   -  Reputation: 187

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Android Studio has its own Android version; whatever you have installed previously is irrelevant.

However, if you're not experienced with Android/IntelliJ, don't bother with this. Android Studio is really not ready for produciton-use at the moment. 

Michael A.Designer/Developer
A Brief History of Rome
Pirates and traders

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS