• Create Account

suggested framework to program text-based-games ( like mafia wars, travian, hollywood mogul etc)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scene68   Members   -  Reputation: 108

0Likes

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

I recently tried to used MVC for a text based game. However, it appeared to me, that it became much complex to handle it when it grows bigger. The biggest problem i had been facing was the number of validations it requires on each step. That generates convoluted code algorithms, badly nested if-else conditions and ultimately lot of bugs in the logic.

I want some suggestion, on this, if there is some available framework that can help coding text based games in a better organized way?

Was looking into using Entity but unsure whether that would work well for a game of this kind that could be ported to any platform. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 19342

0Likes

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

Please don't cross-post to multiple forums -- choose only one forum where you feel your post fits well and post there, and a moderator will move it if necessary.  smile.png

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS