• Create Account

Wonky texture in Polygon directx9

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 rukiruki   Members   -  Reputation: 161

0Likes

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

My rendering seems great and fine so far, except when I try to render a texture to a polygon (typically 4 vertices as a triangle list).

The texture is a very simple colourful rectangle:
001.png

The above image is saved inside a 1024x1024 texture, so the Power of 2 is not an issue.

I render to a quad with an elongated bottom, and the centre of the texture get's a bit biased and wonky towards the left hand side, shown in the following image:
result.jpg

I need the texture to be rendered evenly throughout the polygon, I need the following photoshopped picture as a result:
desiredresult.jpg

I looked at PIX of the frame and the triangles are being rendered with the correct UV and vertices values
pix.jpg

So I don't really know why it is skewing slightly to the left down the centre. Is it because of the triangle split down the diagonal of the polygon? Do I need to enable a blending method or something?

Sponsor:

#2 Norman Barrows   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1966

0Likes

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

try it on a different quad. make one right quick in a modeler, or just write a few lines of code to set a buffer of 6 vertices and indices.

something simple like a 1x1 quad with the LL (SW) corner at the origin.

Norm Barrows

Rockland Software Productions

"Building PC games since 1988"

rocklandsoftware.net

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS