• Create Account

I love py2exe :)!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1973

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

My first real product is being released in the next month (check pytext once a week, it will be online very very soon :0!).

I've been struggling with converting my .py files to .exe.

Then I came across py2exe! And in five minutes, my conversion was done smile.png!

I highly recommend them!

Cheers smile.png!

(Just trying to help others who are trying to distribute their python programs without making their users install python!)

Edited by superman3275, 18 May 2013 - 06:15 PM.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja ph34r.png!

Here's Breakout:
Breakout!

Want to ask about Python and / or Pygame? What about HTML5 / CSS3 / JavaScript? What about C++ and / or SFML 2 (and 1.6)? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

Superman3275@Gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here smile.png!

Sponsor:

#2 prinTINta   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

Thanks for sharing buddy. Exactly what I'm looking for.

#3 badasser   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

Thanks for posting.

#4 latch   Members   -  Reputation: 559

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

That is pretty cool. Do you know off hand if it has an issues with pygame and/or pyopenGL?

Edited by latch, 28 May 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#5 goblinHOB   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

I love you too! Lol.

#6 Shippou   Members   -  Reputation: 1090

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

That requires that you package "Visual Studio 2005 Redistributable"  along with your program.

I have only gotten a simple program packaged with py2exe to work on another computer 1 out of 6 times ... and have yet to get the ####ing program to work when using external libraries such as pygame .

Edited by Shippou, 29 May 2013 - 12:01 PM.

My YouTube Channel Filled With Geek, Nerd, Politics, Economics, & More !  
[Click Here]

#7 WavyVirus   Members   -  Reputation: 735

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

That is pretty cool. Do you know off hand if it has an issues with pygame and/or pyopenGL?

I tried converting a pygame project with py2exe, but without any luck. I didn't spend a great deal of time attempting to get it to work as I was just interested in trying the software out - it may well be possible with some tinkering.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS