• Create Account

I have a big problen with Netbeans 7.1.2

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 tRicky060606   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

I'm in the process of writing an alternative to hardware acceleration without using raycasting. Its based on taking the screen as a sheet and moving that as a whole.

While i have much done the thing that is a current problem is getting it on the screen.

The problem is how. In c/c++ i could use createbitmapindirect, slow but possible and there might be a faster way but i want to do it in Java. The problem is how? In the manual it saysuse MemoryImageSource. Tried and failed. Why? Netbeans can't find it! I searched and found it easily and can't see why Netbeans can't. Its been imported correctly, even copied and paste. Does anyone have a clue what to next?

Sponsor:

#2 LJ_1102   Members   -  Reputation: 771

0Likes

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

An error message would be helpful.

Jan F. Scheurer - CEO @ Xe-Development

#3 LorenzoGatti   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2304

0Likes

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

I have no idea of what you are talking about, but you can ask your debugger. When you get a Java exception, you can put a breakpoint at some interesting point along its stack trace to see the problem as it happens.

Produci, consuma, crepa

#4 tRicky060606   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

NetBeans puts a red wiggly line under it and says it can't find it. In other words it is not defined anywhere. I found it by looking in a zip file and found that out by looking for Image.

Here are the imports:

import java.awt.Image.*;
import java.awt.Image.MemoryImageSource;

MemoryImageSource package and class do not exist according to NetBeans but it does!

I downloaded NetBeans 7.3 and get the same problem but also can't find it manually.

I'm creating a library so breakpoints are worthless. It is simple symbol not found issue.

#5 LJ_1102   Members   -  Reputation: 771

2Likes

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Maybe you want ?

import java.awt.image.MemoryImageSource;

Jan F. Scheurer - CEO @ Xe-Development

#6 tRicky060606   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

Maybe you want ?

import java.awt.image.MemoryImageSource;

Now it finds the package but not the class!!
I've copied and pasted to no effect.
Thanks for the help LJ_1102

#7 LorenzoGatti   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2304

0Likes

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

java.awt.Image.MemoryImageSource is part of the AWT library, included in any JDK of the last 15-20 years. Failure to find it requires a seriously damaged installation of Java and/or Netbeans or a bad project configuration (where do you specify the classpath for compiling and running your project?).
Produci, consuma, crepa

#8 tRicky060606   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

I did not define a classpath but the path for my library project is OK and is not where MemoryImageSource should be anyway and thus irrelevant.

#9 tRicky060606   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

I just realized that i did not do something very elementary. I should have used new MemoryImageSource! Unlike c++ you new new to create a class in Java!!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS