• Create Account

C++ in Unity, with webplayer?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Salty   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

The Backstory:

I'm working on a project called, EQBrowser. This project is taking EverQuest assets and putting them inside Unity. The server-side code has already been reverse engineered via Eqemu in C++.

The current build has all Models & Animations up to Kunark. Ecommons, no zone Objects. Camera modes (F9): 3rd person orbit, 3rd person locked, 1st person. Default player is human with all available animations for that model.

The Problem:

I have the complete server-side code for Eqemu and I have assets inside Unity. I need to include the C++ code into Unity and have absolutely no idea how to go about that. Reading on the internets I hear that my C++ code will not work with the webplayer? Does this still hold true? How can I utilize this already written code?

The Source:

https://mega.co.nz/#!91MgzJSY!D_mO0k9fkbOYM4BAADCLmRj-l6sEsjSruy5tARUkBb4

Sponsor:

#2 noisecrime   Members   -  Reputation: 737

0Likes

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

For obvious security reasons the Unity web player runs as a sandbox in the browser, as such it does not support plugins,dll's etc and never will. I believe its possible to add your own code to the web player, but that involves obtaining a specific license from unity to essentially produce your own version of the webplayer. However that will have a substantial cost involved and for all intensive purposes is not a viable option.

So really you are looking at converting all the c++ into either Unity's javascript or c#.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS