• Create Account

No errors but not updating window?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 griffenjam   Members   -  Reputation: 193

Posted 22 October 2001 - 10:59 AM

This is my rendering code void Render() { glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); glColor3f(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f); glTranslatef(0.0f, 0.0f, 6.0f); glBegin(GL_QUADS); glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f); glVertex3f(0.5f, 0.0f, 1.0f); glVertex3f(0.5f, 0.5f, 1.0f); glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.5f, 1.0f); glEnd(); glTranslatef(0.0f, 0.0f, -6.0f); #ifdef DEBUG_MODE DebugOut(glGetError()); #endif glFlush(); } glGetError() is always 0. When my program runs the window doesn''t update at all, it doesn''t even clear. The worst part is that I have written other OpenGL programs before, I wrote a small Landscape program a while ago, but this project just doesn''t work. What could I be doing wrong/What could I have changed, the code is 90% the same. Jason Mickela ICQ : 873518 E-Mail: jmickela@sbcglobal.net ------------------------------ "Evil attacks from all sides but the greatest evil attacks from within." Me ------------------------------

Sponsor:

#2 Metus   Members   -  Reputation: 168

Posted 22 October 2001 - 11:07 AM

It seems that you moves your Quad 0.6 units on the positive Z-axis wich should be...behind the camera...try to move it on the negative Z-Axis (-0.6) so that it''ll move FROM the camera

#3 griffenjam   Members   -  Reputation: 193

Posted 22 October 2001 - 11:12 AM

I changed it and nothing happened.
I think there is more than that going on, glClear(...) isn''t even clearing the window. The window is just showing what was behind the whole time.

Jason Mickela
E-Mail: jmickela@sbcglobal.net
------------------------------
"Evil attacks from all sides
but the greatest evil attacks
from within." Me

#4 Maximus   Members   -  Reputation: 124

Posted 22 October 2001 - 11:21 AM

Are you calling SwapBuffers?

#5 griffenjam   Members   -  Reputation: 193

Posted 22 October 2001 - 11:23 AM

Well, I wansn''t before, I realized that the sample code I was looking at wasn''t double buffered, I looked at my Landscape code again and figured out I wasnt calling SwapBuffers(). Thanks for replying though.

Jason Mickela
E-Mail: jmickela@sbcglobal.net
"Evil attacks from all sides
but the greatest evil attacks
from within." Me

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS