• Create Account

reset fail in d3d retail mode but success in debug mode

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 zhyinty   Members   -  Reputation: 107

0Likes

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

hi there. I have a problem when I want to resize the windows size .I adjust the windows size and then use reset function to reset the device . It success in d3d debug mode but fail in d3d retail mode.... and the reset function return 

HRESULT: 0xfaacfaca (4205640394)
Name: Unknown
Description: n/a
Severity code: Failed
Facility Code: Unknown (6828)
Error Code: 0xfaca (64202)

I don't know why it's fail and I don't know any way to find the reason because there are nothing to ouput the retail mode.... Do you have any ideas.thank you . 

Sponsor:

#2 zhyinty   Members   -  Reputation: 107

1Likes

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

OK . I have find the reason.... when I use ShowWindow(g_hMainWnd, SW_NORMAL); It fail  ...... When I use ShowWindow(g_hMainWnd, SW_RESTORE); It success. 3Q

#3 Steve_Segreto   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1551

0Likes

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

I think you mean SW_SHOWNORMAL. Have you read through this? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633548(v=vs.85).aspx, the return value of ShowWindow does not necessarily indicate an error. Also SW_SHOWNORMAL should not be called on resets, just first time initialization.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS