Help with SFML

Started by
6 comments, last by lja 10 years, 10 months ago

Hi,

I'm currently trying to learn how to use the CSFML 2.0 in VS 2010, but I'm getting a lot of warnings and errors that I really don't understand. For example, one error I get is an undeclared identifier, yet I've declared that particular variable at the top of the file.

I've been using this http://perso.epitech.eu/~rozo_a/CSFML/doc/html/ to help me learn how to use CSFML, but I think that this tutorial is for the older 1.6 version.

I've attached both the source code and the error list.

I'm probably doing something really stupid wacko.png

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

Everywhere that you have things like sfRenderWindow, you need to add the double colon namespace indirection operator, ie sf::RenderWindow. sf denotes the namespace that everything lives in, and should not just be prefixed to the identifier like that.

Edit: Eh, forget that. Didn't realize there even was a C port of SFML until this very instant...

sfVideoMode mode = {800, 600, 32};

Are you sure you can do that in C? I never used CSFML but its weird if sfVideoMode is implemented as a raw array.

Are you sure you can do that in C? I never used CSFML but its weird if sfVideoMode is implemented as a raw array.

I'm not sure, that's how it is done on that tutorial page but then again I've followed that and it doesn't work. I'm not sure how else you set the resolution and depth.

I'm not sure, that's how it is done on that tutorial page but then again I've followed that and it doesn't work. I'm not sure how else you set the resolution and depth.

sfVideoMode is a structure, and that is simply the way you initialize the fields of a structure. It's perfectly fine.

So what is causing the undeclared variable error?

In C, you must define your variables at the beginning of a scope before any other code. Your main function has a call to the puts-function, and you must define all your variables before that point.

In C, you must define your variables at the beginning of a scope before any other code. Your main function has a call to the puts-function, and you must define all your variables before that point.

Oops! Thank you for pointing that out!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement