• Create Account

Can't get files to compile on Code:Blocks

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

0Likes

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Basically I'm having a problem with getting an Allegro binding (D + Allegro) to work with Code:Blocks.
I think it's a settings problem, but I'm not sure where.
So here's what I've done so far...

Error: module base is in file 'allegro5\base.d' which cannot be read|

This is the error I keep getting. I'm using Windows 7, DAllegro5, Code:Blocks, and the D language DMD compiler.

Code:Blocks works. Compiling a regular D project works. I've added the DAllegro5 files to the project, but I keep getting this error. What else should I do to get this error to go away?

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 Weton   Members   -  Reputation: 255

1Likes

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

I normaly get this, if the module can't be found (not added to the include directories).

I'm not used with CB or Allegro, but how did you added the DAllegro5 files to the project?

I think you have to add both the library and the include files (.d).

Just look in your settings and what you set to get DMD working and add the simmilar paths for Allegro. (in my old CB version 10.05 in Settings>Compiler and debugger>... or Project>Build Otions>... and then in ...>Linker Settings and ...>Search Paths)

Edited by Weton, 24 May 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#3 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

0Likes

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

I followed the instructions here.

You have two options here. *You can copy all the modules into your project*, and just use them like that. Alternatively, you can compile the binding into a static library for convenience:

I did the bolded. Just copied the actual .d files to my project.

Edited by Alpha_ProgDes, 24 May 2013 - 09:49 AM.

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#4 Weton   Members   -  Reputation: 255

0Likes

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Then your folders should propably look like this:

-main.d | with import allegro5.base

+allegro5

-base.d | module allegro5.base

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS