• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Some quations about FMOD designer API

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Quan-Chen   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

Recently I‘m using FMOD designer API to build my game audio system.I‘v never use sound before so I‘m very confused.please help me with these questions:

1.What is FMOD::MusicSystem used for? To play background music according to game play status?For example ,When the player walk into a battle field background music change from some lyrical music to drums sounds to tall player to prepare for fight.Am I think right?

2.What is "cue" "theme" in FMOD music system means?

3.In FMOD Designer application I can use Audition Console to trigger music cue to pay some music,the music segment (if has loop on) will loop until I stop the music (by push the button of the cue).but in my application when I use FMOD::musicSystm::promptCue to play the "cue" the music segment just play once!What is the right way to play those "cue"?

Thanks for reading my post.

Edited by Quan-Chen, 23 May 2013 - 09:56 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Quan-Chen   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

question 3 is solved,I should get FMOD::MusicPrompt pointer and call begin() and end() myself

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS