• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Fatal Error on GameDev

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Just tried to report something to a moderator, and I got this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /var/www/gamedev/admin/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1626

I tried doing it again, and got:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/gamedev/admin/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1626

I'm trying to re-submit the report, but I keep getting the error (with either 72 or 32 bytes).

Also, if a moderator could contact me, that would be appreciated (seeing as I can't report this).

Edited by Cornstalks, 26 May 2013 - 06:29 PM.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Sponsor:

#2 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 31938

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

Your report title shows up in the list, but when I click it I get a page saying "We could not find the report you are attempting to view.", so, yeah, something's busted.

#3 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 9299

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

This has been happening to me sporadically as well when trying to "go advanced" on post edits.

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS