how do you apply a brush colour to an image professionally in an art program

Started by
3 comments, last by Bacterius 10 years, 10 months ago

Simply averaging the colour on due to opacity is not how its done, I know this because im getting a different result.

Does anyone know how to do this professionally? or know where I could try and find out?

Ive looked up blend modes, but its not really what I need, cause I just want to know how NORMAL BLEND MODE works!

And this is never explained.

So its a method of opacity, I looked up opacity and they just blurted out the exact way im doing it, but its not the right way...

http://prosjekt.ffi.no/unik-4660/lectures04/chapters/Basic.html#tag1

Advertisement

ah success. youve got to find the difference first! then subtract it, but there might be more to it than that just yet, but im definitely closer...

do you get what i mean? you multiply opacity by the difference!!! its not all in one line.

You, uh, linearly interpolate between the two colors using the specified alpha?
layer1 + alpha * (layer2 - layer1)

EDIT: And, as you've probably seen in the FFP,
(layer1 * alpha) + (layer2 * (1-alpha))
clb: At the end of 2012, the positions of jupiter, saturn, mercury, and deimos are aligned so as to cause a denormalized flush-to-zero bug when computing earth's gravitational force, slinging it to the sun.

yeh, those 2 different operations are completely different, they give completely different results. yes i know now.

Yeah, it's actually the opposite. Just for completeness, it should be

(layer2 * alpha) + (layer1 * (1 - alpha))

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement