• Create Account

How many licenses to buy? (1 per team member or..?)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Waaayoff   Members   -  Reputation: 781

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:02 AM

If you want to buy a game engine or a 3d modelling software, do you have to buy a single item for every member that uses it? or one for entire team? (Assuming everyone works on a different machine)

"Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris...even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do. "

Sponsor:

#2 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6110

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

If you want to buy a game engine or a 3d modelling software, do you have to buy a single item for every member that uses it? or one for entire team? (Assuming everyone works on a different machine)

it depends on the engine/software, some high end software do offer site licences which tend to be cheaper than per-seat/user licenses.

I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

#3 Waaayoff   Members   -  Reputation: 781

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

I have 3ds max and Unity 3D Pro in mind

"Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris...even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do. "

#4 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6110

1Likes

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

I have 3ds max and Unity 3D Pro in mind

Unity3D Pro is per seat/user, atleast for small companies (if you are big enough everything is negotiable).

I'd expect the same to be true for 3dsmax (I havn't checked, we use Blender at work since its a lot cheaper(free) and more than good enough)

Edited by SimonForsman, 31 May 2013 - 06:22 AM.

I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

#5 Buster2000   Members   -  Reputation: 1665

1Likes

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

It depends on the software.  Unity is a per seat licsence.   Max is usually a per seat licsence but, they also do a group one which costs a lot of money.

#6 Waaayoff   Members   -  Reputation: 781

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

Ok thanks :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS