• Create Account

Formatting code repeatedly fails

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 JustinS   Members   -  Reputation: 209

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

Six times since I've been posting here, the last three all in my most recent thread, the site has failed to read its own formatting code (which I'm not even typing in, it's doing on its own) and left all the code visible and non functional. For instance, I'm seeing text that was supposed to be in bold type and often was already in bold type in the previous edit instead being wrapped with <strong> </strong> even though I have done nothing to it.  This also happens with paragraph breaks, font size, quotation marks, superscript, hyperlinks and everything else that the formatting code is used for.

What is happening? Is it happening to anyone else, or just me? How do I prevent this? CAN I even prevent this?

No man is an island,

Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; 
It tolls for thee.

-John Donne

Sponsor:

#2 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3982

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

have you cleared gamedev out of your browser cache? I haven't noticed such behavior for quite awhile, so it's possible you still have some older files with the mucked up editor.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#3 JustinS   Members   -  Reputation: 209

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yes, I have. In fact, this machine is scheduled to clear out all my temporary internet files every week as part of its routine cleanup. It's not because there's ages of buildup, because there isn't.

No man is an island,

Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; 
It tolls for thee.

-John Donne

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS