Welcome to the second community writing challenge! Here's how it's going to work for the month of June. Each day or so I'm going to post a new community challenge topic. All you need to do is provide a response to it according to the supplied rules. The winning response according to the MOST upvotes at the end of the month will receive a month of GDNet+.
We are looking to collectively as a community build a list to as many valuable resources on the posted challenge as possible.
Some rules for every challenge:
1. You do NOT need to supply a complete answer or topic reference, but it may help garner more upvotes
2. All descriptions must be written by you with your own justifications for inclusion of the resource
CHALLENGE #2: What tools can you not live without?
Description: We all have our collection of dev tools that we absolutely could not get by without. These are the tools we use for programming, graphics, audio, level design, etc. Let's start creating a list of all the best developer tools that are available for public download so others may benefit from your experience.
- Post one or more links to great resources with the following: title, url, author, and a brief description of what the tool is
- Anything you post is fair game to be included in an article without attribution - we are just looking to create awesome resource pages here of the best stuff
- Any site online is fair game as long as you link to the final tool destination (ie. don't link to any other resource mega list pages)
- You may update your original responses as many times as you like!
Edited by Michael Tanczos, 05 June 2013 - 04:54 AM.