• Create Account

Feedback on my Music website design

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 xiaoan   Members   -  Reputation: 911

0Likes

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hi guys, I recently created a website with Wix.

Apart from those of you who want to hang me with a string of code, what do you guys think of the layout? Is there anything that should be changed to look more professional or inspire confidence in possible clients?

http://www.xiaoanmusic.net

Edited by xiaoan, 04 June 2013 - 06:50 AM.

Li Xiao'an

Composer | Music Director

www.xiaoanli.com (Personal)

www.eastcoastscoring.com

Twitter: @lxiaoan

Sponsor:

#2 M4uesviecr   Members   -  Reputation: 419

0Likes

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

From what I see, your page looks very professional.

My only comment (and this is probably more of me being nit-picky), the drop-down box that appears when you highlight Services conflicts awkwardly with the text of other pages. I'd change the color of the drop-down box.

Honestly, that aside, it looks good.

My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jasminecoopermusic

"The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you are an artist." Max Jacob

#3 GroovyOne   Members   -  Reputation: 309

0Likes

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Something about your website is blocked by our corporate firewall.

"This Websense category is filtered: Potentially Damaging Content. Sites in this category may pose a security threat to network resources or private information, and are blocked by your organization."

Game Audio Professional
www.GroovyAudio.com

#4 nsmadsen   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4091

0Likes

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Aside from comments already made, I'd consider revamping the reel portion of the site. It sounds silly but internet folks usually have VERY short attention spans and anything that takes longer than 5 seconds to load runs the risk of being skipped over. 

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

#5 xiaoan   Members   -  Reputation: 911

0Likes

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

@nsmadsen - no you're right. I don't know why this particular app loads so slowly but in any case I put a little warning and a friendly link to my soundcloud page in case they can't wait, haha.

@groovyone - that's really odd. I can't think of anything i've put in that might be potentially dangerous. it's just another wix site.

@M4uesviecr - I shifted the content so that the drop down doesn't fight with it any more. might look into changing the look of the drop down menu but not sure yet

Thanks for all the feedback!

Li Xiao'an

www.eastcoastscoring.com

#6 xiaoan   Members   -  Reputation: 911

0Likes

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

Hi again guys! I made some edits to my website and it's now a little tighter. It's a never ending quest to look professional though, so I'd really appreciate some feedback!

http://www.xiaoanmusic.net/

Li Xiao'an

www.eastcoastscoring.com

#7 nsmadsen   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4091

0Likes

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

The reel portion loads MUCH faster! Well done! :)

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS