• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Google Authorship Markup for Articles and Journal Entries

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yaniv Nizan   Members   -  Reputation: 414

1Likes

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:50 AM

I'm wondering if there is a way to include Google Authorship Markup for Articles and Journal Entries. Google are trying to improve the visibility of posts from good Authors in their search results.

There are two ways to do that:

Associating an article to it's writer by having the name of the writer is linked to his Google Plus profile with rel='author' attribute.

image0112.png

Right now the posts are linked to the writer profile page. For websites that have author profile pages the link from the post to the profile page should have rel='author' and the profile page should have an option to link to the Google Plus page with rel='me'.

image0093.png

Sponsor:

#2 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5437

0Likes

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

I'm not sure that I understand what exactly we would do on our end.  It just looks like you have to add a link to your google+ profile in the bio section with an added ?rel=author in the link (?)

#3 Yaniv Nizan   Members   -  Reputation: 414

0Likes

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for the response. 

There are two things needed:

1. On the bio page I need to add a link to Google+ with rel='me' but there is no way to do that. There is no free HTML in the About Me editing screen.
  2. From the posts and articles there is already a link to the bio page. This link needs to be marked with rel='author'.

An alternative to #1 will be a dedicated field in the profile for a G+ profile and then you can include the rel='me' attribute in the code of the link that will be added to the profile.

#4 Yaniv Nizan   Members   -  Reputation: 414

0Likes

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

Another alternative (a bit hacky) would be to allow linking directly to the G+ profile from the post with rel='author'. Today the attributes of each link are replaced automatically with rel="nofollow external".

#5 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5437

0Likes

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

Hrmm.. thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I'm going to have to see whereabouts that is happening.   I whitelisted the rel tag but some sort of pre-processing done by our forum software must be making that change.

PARTNERS