• Create Account

Help with 2.5D

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Zwonkie   Members   -  Reputation: 508

0Likes

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

Hello All,

Ok, so i'm doing some pixel art in order to get a feel of what my tilemap-engine should be capable of. This is the first time i venture into the world of pixel art and 2.5D projection. I have more or less decide on a side-top view projection (i think its called) but i'm having trouble to comprehending how i should portray my tents when looking at them from the side. 

Basically, i'm rather happy with tent 1+3 and 8 is just from behind. But i feel that i need to have a tent from a side view, to reduce repeat ability in the world. In the drawing these attempts would be 4+5, but they don't look good and a significantly smaller. (read the tiles - increasing from left to right)

picture:

http://imgur.com/tbhFy4Z

Am i doing it correct? Or is it simple not possible as from the sideview of a tent there is little distance in the .5D dimesion?

Do you guys have any suggestions on how i may portray the tent in some other way which difference from the 1+3, but still retain the style/feel?

I have been searching the internet on this 2.5D style but I cant find much. Isometric is standard, but what is this 2.5D style im making "officially" called?

Thanks in advance

Zwonkie

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS