• Create Account

Directx 11 installation error s1023

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 nickme   Members   -  Reputation: 205

0Likes

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

hi

i tried to install directx 11 on my windows 8 system.  at the end of the installation i get an error S1023.  

i googled S1023 and some site suggested that i uninstall vs c++ 2010 redistribution.  but i afraid that if i uninstalled it, i will not able to get it back and my other programs may need it to run correctly.

i also search gamedev, and a guy suggested that reboot the pc.  i did, but it still failed at the end with the same error.

is there a newer version of directx 11?  the version i got is june 2010, which is kind of old.

if i successfully installed directx 11, will it be able to run on vc++ 2012 windows desktop express?

any help is appreciated

Sponsor:

#2 Zaoshi Kaba   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4592

0Likes

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

There is only one DirectX 11 version, it doesn't need any updates (or they happen automatically through Windows Update).

#3 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8279

0Likes

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

If you have Windows 8 you should already have DirectX 11 so I'm not sure why you feel that you need to install it.

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#4 Alessio1989   Members   -  Reputation: 2132

0Likes

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

he's trying to install the June 2010 SDK...

just follow the MS instructions and everything will be OK http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2728613

"Software does not run in a magical fairy aether powered by the fevered dreams of CS PhDs"

#5 LordRhys   Members   -  Reputation: 367

0Likes

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

The Error code you recieved is due to the fact you have newer DirectX files already installed. It comes when the SDK tries to install the redistributable onto your system. You can ignore it and everything willbe fine.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS