• Create Account

Simple question regarding Android ImageButtons

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnmarinelli   Members   -  Reputation: 304

0Likes

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hi all,

I have an Activity that will have many different ImageButtons.  I want the user to be able to select one as his choice (it's a sticker app), and continue to the next activity with this choice.

My question is, is there a way to implement only one onClick() method for all the buttons, and distinguish which button the user chose by an ID?  for example, if the user selects button2, can I somehow pass the id of button2 to the onClick method in the activity?

The reason for doing this is to prevent repetitive code; the other way to do it is to implement an onClick() method for each sticker, which I think would turn out ugly.

Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 hellraizer   Members   -  Reputation: 980

1Likes

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Try creating one View.OnClickListener object and use the View.getID() on the passed view object.

Something like this:

View.OnClickListener listener = new View.OnClickListener()
{
  public void onClick(View v)
  {
    int id = v.getID();
    switch(id)
    {
    case 1000:
      // button0 was clicked...
      break;
    case 1001:
      // button1 was clicked...
      break;
    }
  }
}

button0.setOnClickListener(listener);
button1.setOnClickListener(listener);

button0.setID(1000);
button1.setID(1001);

Hope that helps.

HellRaiZer

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS