• Create Account

Object Faces Getting Culled

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Orangeatang   Members   -  Reputation: 1782

0Likes

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hey folks,

I've been mucking around with getting some instanced, indexed cubes to render in DX11, and have been encountering some odd artifacts. I'm fairly new to graphic programming so I wanted to get some more experienced eyes to take a look :)

So, I'm rendering two instanced cubes and when the camera is reasonably close they render without any issues :

nelU1Tx.png

But a small adjustment to the camera position in the x-axis (-5 to -8) results in the following :

NblGsO9.png

And modifying the camera position so the y-axis position is zero (with the same x-axis) :

JOQrTr6.png

Moving the camera so it's x-axis position is positive results in similar problems :

vKKvtBX.png

I've checked out the mesh in PIX, and there isn't anything obvious that I can see in the output (x = -8, y = 0):

kxVvTlk.png

So... any ideas why the cubes I'm rendering are having their faces culled? I'm pretty sure I've got clockwise winding for all of the faces, and the near far planes for the viewport are set to a reasonable value (0.0f, 10000.0f). The camera is always pointing to (0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f). Back face culling is enabled.

Thanks for your help!

Sponsor:

#2 Orangeatang   Members   -  Reputation: 1782

1Likes

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

Fixed :) Near clip plane of 0.0f == bad.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS