• Create Account

Spam comment on article

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 17052

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Clicky. Third comment.

Also, I'm never sure what's the proper way GameDev wants spam to be reported. Do I send PMs to a specific staff member, post in CSI, or just ignore it? The "Report this member" button never works for me.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                       [Need free cloud storage? I personally like DropBox]

Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

Sponsor:

#2 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4680

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

The "Report this member" button never works for me.

Really?

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 17052

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Yep. Testing it on you right now gives me this message: "You do not have permission to report the item you are attempting to report."

I take it by your reaction that the button works for you? The user who posted the spam message doesn't have a hyperlinked username either (the profile was probably already deleted), so I'd have to find his profile manually even if I could report him.

Edited by Servant of the Lord, 19 June 2013 - 09:11 PM.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                       [Need free cloud storage? I personally like DropBox]

Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

#4 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5142

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

How about now?

#5 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 17052

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Yep, works fine, thanks!

#6 Prinz Eugn   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 3516

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

I think that fixed it for me too, actually...

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

#7 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4680

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

I take it by your reaction that the button works for you? The user who posted the spam message doesn't have a hyperlinked username either (the profile was probably already deleted), so I'd have to find his profile manually even if I could report him.

No, I was just surprised it didn't work. I used it long long time ago and it did work then.
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#8 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5142

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

I had to fix some permission stuff but we're good now.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS