Finally published my first game. And for that I thank all of the GDNet community.

Started by
20 comments, last by Pufixas 10 years, 9 months ago

Hello.

First things first, I somewhat realize that I should not post these kind of topics here, but I checked out "Your Announcements" section, and it looks dead to me. There are tons of games, and zero feedback, so I though I would post my announcement here, and I'll try it to make less of an advertisement, and more of a thank you to all of you guys.

OK, so after a good time of development I just published my first fully finished game to Google Play store. I DO realize that it's not special at all, it is repetitive and not really that much entertaining, and you easily could find better games on Play store.

But the point of making this game wasn't to make it engaging with awesome graphics, or unprecedented gameplay. It was more of a project for myself, for improving my game programming skills, and learning new things, and with help of GDNet I really learned many great things.

Also, GDNet helped me to stay motivated and finish my game till the end, and not scrap it in the middle of development because I got bored of it.

So I want to thank all of you moderators, and people who help each other when times get hard.

Oh and Happy belated birthday, GDNet! I wish you to keep motivating and helping people as long as the internet exists! smile.png

You can download this game here for free here. I would REALLY appreciate any feedback from you guys.

Also I don't have money for any paid advertisement, so this post probably be the only advertisement I will get for this game.

Thanks again everyone! I had a wonderful experience here. From today, I think I can finally call myself an Indie Game Developer! At least in my hearth I will always be one smile.png

“There are thousands and thousands of people out there leading lives of quiet, screaming desperation, where they work long, hard hours at jobs they hate to enable them to buy things they don't need to impress people they don't like.”? Nigel Marsh
Advertisement

No link to the Announcements page?

And congratulations!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Nice one! Don't hang around in your hearth for too long though especially if the fire is lit.

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley

Congratulations! smile.png

It is so nice for the community to get a thank you. It is indeed a very helpful one at that.

Clinton

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

Congratulations! Now you get to experience the next journey.. which is having a game out in the wild. Good luck!!

I decided I won't be creating another post, but instead I will ask here.

Maybe someone has any ideas on how I could promote this game for free? Any sites to publish? I already published to google play, AppBrain, Amazon app store, GetJar, and SlideMe. But I don't seem to be having any downloads.

“There are thousands and thousands of people out there leading lives of quiet, screaming desperation, where they work long, hard hours at jobs they hate to enable them to buy things they don't need to impress people they don't like.”? Nigel Marsh

Installing right now on my htc sensation.

Although I'm new to the gamedev community I already love this kind of interactivity where people not always looking to advertise but are posting just to give a big thanks.

btw, I enjoyed reading your post ;)

well, just play it and it's fun. Simple but fun, good job!

Installing right now on my htc sensation.

Although I'm new to the gamedev community I already love this kind of interactivity where people not always looking to advertise but are posting just to give a big thanks.

btw, I enjoyed reading your post ;)

well, just play it and it's fun. Simple but fun, good job!

Thank you! I really appreciate your feedback :)

I mean really! You are the first one who rated my game. Thanks!

I decided I won't be creating another post, but instead I will ask here.

Maybe someone has any ideas on how I could promote this game for free? Any sites to publish? I already published to google play, AppBrain, Amazon app store, GetJar, and SlideMe. But I don't seem to be having any downloads.

If you want to promote your game for free I suggest that you start takling about it on forums and blogs. We started writing about our game long before we got our first beta version uploaded to Google Play since we wanted to create an interest and build up a pool of beta players. Search for forums and blogs with a focus towards Android apps and games. Introduce yourself, your team (if someone else has helped you) and your game and ask if anyone would be interested to try it out. Also important that you hang around on the forums and is ready to answer any questions and comments that come up.

It's a lot of work and I would estimate that I spend around 30% of my time doing stuff like this. cool.png

Good luck!

From what I've read, you want to be advertising before the game is even out, so you've built up a base of interested people ready to download/purchase when the game goes live.

As far as free advertising, forums and facebook and twitter and tumblr, if you can get people over there.

I would investigate facebook advertising: https://www.facebook.com/advertising/faq

Even if you have ten dollars, you can set an advertising budget, and get charged per click. I haven't done it myself, so I cant speak to experience, but I've been reading up on it for a while as I hope to use it myself once I complete my first game.

Best of luck! I will try to check it out tonight, I can't install anything on my work computer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement