• Create Account

3ds max plugin Y axis Up Right Handed coordinates

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 afraidofdark   Members   -  Reputation: 242

0Likes

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hello, 
We are using physx 3d max plugin (3ds Max DCC plug-in 2.8.9 (v03131509)) and export physx scene for 3.x engine as xml file.
The problem is, we couldn't find an option to change up axis (max is using z as up) and I strongly believe there is none sad.png
In order to fix the problem we rotate and translate relevant objects. But this trick doesn't seem to be a good solution more over I suspect it will work for constrains. (And it is problematic, we are doing a lot of tricky things to export the scene properly)

Probably there are people like us out there. How did you overcome the problem ? Thanks

www.lostchamber.com

Sponsor:

#2 RobTheBloke   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2333

1Likes

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

You can change the up axis in 3ds max. It's in the prefs. To convert pre-existing assets, a 90 degree rotation around x applied in world space is the only solution.

#3 afraidofdark   Members   -  Reputation: 242

0Likes

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

I search through web for changing up axis of max. Many people say, there isn't such option sad.png

here is my solution which matches all axis with opengl

-- rotate selected object
obj = $
rotate $ (angleaxis -90 [1,0,0])
a = $.pos.z
$.pos.z = -$.pos.y;
$.pos.y = a;

Edited by afraidofdark, 23 June 2013 - 01:24 AM.

www.lostchamber.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS