Right way to start Game programming.

Started by
2 comments, last by mmakrzem 10 years, 9 months ago

Hi All,

I have about 7 years of experience working in HTML, CSS, Java, PHP etc. I have an idea of game that I want to build for iphone and android. But I am not sure how to start and approach towards game programming. I love programming. Can anyone suggest me what exactly I should know or learn and how should I start with it. I do not care about time. I am not doing it for getting a job or money. It's something I always wanted to do. Thanks.rolleyes.gif

Advertisement

I would suggest searching/browsing these forums for topics similar to yours. This question, in one form or another, is asked on a daily basis here. Also, there's a sticky post at the top of this forum titled "New to the forums? Start here!". I would suggest doing just that. There are some good links in there that should help get you started on the right track.

Okay one thing that might be important (If your game is NOT text-based) would be to learn how to use a graphics library with any programming language you might be using e.g (OpenGL with C++, Java Awt and Java3D with Java, MDX and XNA with C#). But I would also recommend you using a premade game engine like Unity3D. I hope this post was helpful and I hope you have a productive day!

Have a look here: http://www.3dbuzz.com/training/topic/game-dev?resetFilters=True

I believe Buzz also has an Android game development series somewhere, I just don't see it right now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement