• Create Account

Graphics Debugging - Visual Studio 2012 - "Generating Shader Trace"

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 REF_Cracker   Members   -  Reputation: 467

0Likes

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hello all,

I am in the process of upgrading to Visual Studio 2012. I've modified my project to use the Windows Kits \ versions of the directx headers and libs ... got rid of D3DX etc etc. And I was hoping I'd be able to use the graphical debugger, but it just hangs when I try to use the pixel or vertex debugging. Everything else seems to work fine. When I start debugging shader it just hangs or crashes on "Generating Shader Trace".

Anyone else encounter this?

Thanks!

Check out my project @ www.exitearth.com

Sponsor:

#2 REF_Cracker   Members   -  Reputation: 467

0Likes

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

SOLVED

I just downloaded "Visual Studio 2012 Update 3" and that solved the issue. I should have done this in the first place but I figured since I just downloaded VS 2012 yesterday directly from MS servers that it would've included all updates in the distribution. I guess not. In any case I'm happily debugging now!

Check out my project @ www.exitearth.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS