• Create Account

Like old classics like Starflight & Star Control? Check out Void of Darkness!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wavinator   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1825

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hey all. Just wanted to put the word out for a cool indie 2D space RPG project called Void of Darkness. The developer, Justin Sampson, aims to capture the feel of old classics like Starflight and Star Control, giving you a giant sandbox of real-time space combat, fleet battles, trade, exploration, and alien interaction, all within a non-linear story and dynamic universe that sounds like it's going to be different each time you play. Check out the Indiegogo campaign at:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/void-of-darkness

--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...

Sponsor:

#2 swiftcoder   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 10364

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

I usually miss these things, because I pretty much never use indiegogo (when will they get the interface up to kickstarter standards?)

I've been looking for a suitable successor to the Escape Velocity series for a long time now. Maybe he'll get the formula right.

Tristam MacDonald - Software Engineer @Amazon - [swiftcoding]

#3 Cruis.In   Members   -  Reputation: 119

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the support...

@Swift, appreciate it thank you :)

One thing about VoD is that even if it does fall a bit flat, I hope with the constructive feedback of the persons who have played it to fix and enhance it based on their suggestions.

It's one particular reason I hope to get a good set of active people in the alpha, before the game is finished. It will be much easier to develop it in these stages rather than after it is complete.

Thanks again

-Justin

Project Creator

Programmer

#4 Cruis.In   Members   -  Reputation: 119

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hey everyone, I've posted two new video updates..

Combat:

Exploration:

Thanks!

#5 Cruis.In   Members   -  Reputation: 119

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hey everyone, the video demonstrates the use of some of the advanced defensive technology you will be able to out fit your ship with in the final game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDBAdqP7Oo

#6 Orymus3   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 10630

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Looking good, keep'em coming!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS