• Create Account

DirectX 11.2, Is it actually out in any form?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 ranakor   Members   -  Reputation: 439

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hey,

I'm a bit confused about the 11.2 release along with windows 8.1 preview.

I upgraded to 8.1 & would like to toy around with the tiled ressources, however i'm confused about wether it's actually available or not.

- Does it require a new SDK? Is it included in VS2013 or will it come later?

- Do the windows 8.1 drivers from nvidia support it or do we need to wait & only have software mode so far?

- What kind of card is required for it? Will it just work on any feature level 11.1 card?

Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 Adam_42   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2422

0Likes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

According to http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Direct3D-Tiled-Resources-80ee7a6e you just need VS 2013. I presume that comes with the new SDK.

From what I've read I believe the ATI 11.1 cards will be able to handle 11.2 with the right driver. I don't think any current Nvidia hardware supports it, including the 700 series.

#3 phantom   Moderators   -  Reputation: 6891

0Likes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

However I don't think that Tiled Resources requires full DX11.2 support as the demo running at //Build/ was apparently running on an NV Titan card which is using their latest GPU design.

I'm hoping that means it'll end up working on Win7, as otherwise it'll be annoyingly useless sad.png

#4 xdopamine   Members   -  Reputation: 181

1Likes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

I don't think any current Nvidia hardware supports it, including the 700 series.

According to "ID3D11Device::CheckFeatureSupport" my gtx 670 supports "D3D11_TILED_RESOURCES_TIER_1".

#5 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 782

0Likes

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

However I don't think that Tiled Resources requires full DX11.2 support as the demo running at //Build/ was apparently running on an NV Titan card which is using their latest GPU design.

I'm hoping that means it'll end up working on Win7, as otherwise it'll be annoyingly useless sad.png

They said that the technology will be exclusive for Windows 8.1 and Xbox One

#6 phantom   Moderators   -  Reputation: 6891

0Likes

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Well, that' won't get used on the PC then...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS