• Create Account

Needing some advice and guidance

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oyed   Members   -  Reputation: 117

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hello there,

I know you probably hear this a lot, but I'm just starting out really in Games Development and I'd like to start out in C++ Game Development.

I'm not a programming amateur, I'm mainly a Web-based Programmer (JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PHP), but I also know Java and a bit of C++.

My problem is not knowing where to start. I've read a lot and researched Game Development methods and how they work etc., and even made a Game Engine in HTML5 Canvas, what I'm looking for is an up-to-date, well maintained Engine that will aid me in creating a C++ Platformer Game (2D).

And help and feedback is appreciated! :)

Sponsor:

#2 BeerNutts   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2999

2Likes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

My suggestion: Go to the For Beginners forum here, and go through 4-5 pages, and read the topics that match this one exactly.

This question seems to come up a few times a day, so you'll find answer spending a little bit of time in that forum.

Good luck!

My Gamedev Journal: 2D Game Making, the Easy Way

---(Old Blog, still has good info): 2dGameMaking
-----
"No one ever posts on that message board; it's too crowded." - Yoga Berra (sorta)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS