• Create Account

Rendering model, getting seams between each mesh

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Muzzy A   Members   -  Reputation: 637

0Likes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

seam_in_the_model.png

• I made a class to create models off of basic shapes.
  • Each block in this image is exactly 1 unit wide and 1 unit apart from each other

What could be the cause of all the seams I'm getting in this image?

Note: I'm not doing any special rendering techniques, not even depth sorting.

Edited by Muzzy A, 01 July 2013 - 04:04 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Migi0027   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1723

0Likes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

It could be z fighting, try seperating them just a bit more, or go very close to them and see if they are 'inside' eachother by enabling wireframe.

Hi! Cuboid Zone
The Rule: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet, ohh, AND STEAL ALL ZE TRIANGLES FROM ZHEM!

#3 Muzzy A   Members   -  Reputation: 637

0Likes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

everything seems fine in wireframe mode, and I tried moving them apart from each other a tiny bit by adding FLT_EPSILON and then by .00001f and neither of them worked. Any other ideas?

#4 BrentChua   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1066

0Likes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

Move your camera's far-clip plane closer maybe that will work. What is your far-clip plane currently set to?

#5 Muzzy A   Members   -  Reputation: 637

2Likes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

It's .001 right now. Could it just simply be that I'm not doing any depth sorting? Now that I think about it that would actually make sense lol.

EDIT:

That was the problem, as soon as I set up depth sorting everything just turned out perfectly fine. Thanks for your time!

Edited by Muzzy A, 01 July 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#6 kauna   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2506

0Likes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

zNear of 0.001 is pretty close. You'll be loosing most of your z-buffer accuracy in the range between 0.001 and 0.01 (or something like that).

Cheers!

[edit] definetely a z-buffering problem 

Edited by kauna, 01 July 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS