• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

New member here

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brick   Members   -  Reputation: 519

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hi everyone, I'm Brick. Hopefully this is the right place for these introducing topics, but if not sorry.

I'm a high school game developer and the leader of Fight Club Games. I try to work on all feilds of game development but for the most part I'm a programmer.

From a tiny bit of lurking I've heard that the Lounge is a terrible place for anyone trying to get work done and should be avoided at all times (that's not stopping me, though tongue.png). Does anyone know a good way to get started off in this forum?

Sponsor:

#2 KnolanCross   Members   -  Reputation: 1364

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Well, mostly all you have to do is post whatever you want in the right section (mostly forums -> technical -> x) and get your answer in time. Don't forget to give a thumbs up to the guys who help you or post something useful.

Currently working on a scene editor for ORX (http://orx-project.org), using kivy (http://kivy.org).

#3 Toothpix   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 810

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Well, this is a forum, so you just talk about relevant material (exception being the lounge), discuss it, and share it. Sorry for the bland intro. Welcome to this forum.

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

#4 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10163

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Does anyone know a good way to get started off in this forum?

Probably. Started off doing what?

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#5 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 19406

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Welcome! smile.png

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS