• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

OpenGL

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Moche   Members   -  Reputation: 48

-5Likes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hello!

I'm sorry for this kind of topic, but i'm really in trouble and need your help.

I've finally exam. Trust me i tried but can't do anything.

The mission is to draw Solar System(model in attachment)

1,2,3 -- textures, light and etc

c,d - move 

space- pause

Please someone help me it really needful.

Attached Files

Sponsor:

#2 Brother Bob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8566

0Likes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

What's your problem?

#3 Moche   Members   -  Reputation: 48

-3Likes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

What's your problem?

I have no idea how to do this.

I don't now opengl at all. I've misunderstandingssad.png

I see some code in internet but can't turn them in my project.

Honestly i need full project in .zip

Please help!

#4 Brother Bob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8566

2Likes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

If you don't have any idea and don't even know OpenGL at all, then asking for help here is not going to get you anywhere. You need to at least learn the basics so you can start yourself, especially if this is an exam project where you are supposed to learn. It's fine to ask for questions about more specific problems you encounter, but I'm not going to allow you to just come here without any effort and ask for a solution, especially not if this is an exam task.

#5 Moche   Members   -  Reputation: 48

-2Likes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

If you don't have any idea and don't even know OpenGL at all, then asking for help here is not going to get you anywhere. You need to at least learn the basics so you can start yourself, especially if this is an exam project where you are supposed to learn. It's fine to ask for questions about more specific problems you encounter, but I'm not going to allow you to just come here without any effort and ask for a solution, especially not if this is an exam task.

Can you help me step by step?

Can you tell me from where i can begin?

#6 Brother Bob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8566

3Likes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

If this is an exam, then does it belong to a course? If it does, did the course cover what you need to know to finish the project? If it does, why haven't you followed what the course taught you?

If, as yo say, that you don't even know OpenGL to begin with, then you need to step back and learn it. And learning it here won't cut it. You need to learn from a more extensive resource than a forum. The forum front page has links you can follow if you don't want to study your course material.

#7 Moche   Members   -  Reputation: 48

-3Likes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Why are you so rude to me?
Trust me it is not all about me. It is the problem of my collage system. How i learn opengl then the 75% of lectures are missed??
And after that professor says: Make a solar system! But how?

Please be kind. I've only 3 days left!

#8 Moche   Members   -  Reputation: 48

0Likes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Useless...

Have a good day

Edited by Promit, 09 July 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#9 Brother Bob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8566

3Likes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

You have a responsibility to learn yourself. I don't know if you mean you missed the lectures yourself, or if they were canceled for some reason, but it doesn't matter, it is still your responsibility to learn. It sucks if it is not your fault of course, but it is not an excuse for not learning since you're not at college for any reason other than learning.

But I'm not objecting to that. I'm objecting at coming here and asking for a solution. We don't allow that here at GameDev. You ask for answers about problems, not for solutions to tasks.

I was at a university, partly as a student of course, but mostly as a teacher for post-graduate level courses, for around 15 years now. I see this behavior a lot, and it really is the one of the worst ways of learning. That is why I am so reluctant to provide any assistance on the project, but rather advise you to truly study and learn, because I have seen enough student fail with the kind of approach you're showing. You're only cheating yourself, and it will come back at you.

#10 Ravyne   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 8060

1Likes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Its the policy of this forum *not* to provide direct solutions for homework assignments or exams. If you've done some of the work already, and just need some help puzzling out a solution to a specific problem you've encountered, we can help, be no one here will provide you the whole solution.

No one's being rude to you, how are we to know whether your story of the professor missing 75% of the lectures is true? Perhaps it was you who missed 75% of the lectures -- we just don't know. Regardless, surely not everyone in your class is experiencing the same difficulty. Why have you not taken whatever steps they have taken to learn the material independently? If what you say is true, then I sympathize, but its not our place to correct the mistakes of this world. If the professor really has done such a poor job, I suggest you raise the issue with your school administrators, and encourage other students to do the same.

#11 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6288

1Likes

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Why are you so rude to me?
Trust me it is not all about me. It is the problem of my collage system. How i learn opengl then the 75% of lectures are missed??
And after that professor says: Make a solar system! But how?

Please be kind. I've only 3 days left!

Basically, if we give people complete solutions to school assignments that would mean we're helping them cheat, if people get a degree by cheating there is a decent chance that they will get hired for a job they're not capable of doing and some of us here might end up with a coworker who is a liability to their employer, widespread cheating also  reduces the value of degrees in general which harms the honest students.

I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

#12 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8269

3Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:32 AM

Useless...

Have a good day

If you've a final exam and you don't even know where to start, then I'm sorry but you've failed it and you deserve to fail it.  What you're looking for here has a name - it's called cheating.

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#13 KaiserJohan   Members   -  Reputation: 1232

4Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

In my opinion, topics like this should simply be locked-on-sight

#14 dpadam450   Members   -  Reputation: 943

1Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

If it wasn't taught (which is most likely a lie). Wouldn't it have made more sense to not wait till the last 3 days? You could have learned how to do this in a couple days, or spread out over a month.

#15 MarkS   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 884

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

I was introduced to programming when I was 8 years old. This was a time where "online" meant usenet and the like and few people had modems. It was several years before I actually got online and that was with AOL and Compuserve. It was at least five more years before I had actual internet access. I never went to college. I taught myself programming by devouring EVERY little bit of reference material I could find. I found what little I could at libraries and book stores and a great deal of intuition came into play. When I finally had internet access, it was at a time where nearly every programming concept was closed source and no one dared reveal how they did what they did. You didn't ask, because you knew you wouldn't get an answer. As such, it has only been in the past 8 years or so that I have been able to use the internet as a resource.

All that being said, the original poster is IN COLLEGE! A typical college library has more programming reference material on one single SHELF than I had access to in my entire life! It is simply inexcusable to waste such resources. There is no good excuse to come to this board on a deadline and expect any of us to do your work for you because of your inability and/or laziness. If you actually cared, you would have used the massive resources at your disposal to learn how to do what is, in fact, a very simple project.

Why is this thread still open?

Edited by MarkS, 10 July 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#16 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4738

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm fine with assignment related questions as long as it is "hey, i'm trying to do xyz, but this particular piece of x doesn't works, i tried to y the x, but it fails too. do you have any suggestion?" Showing that you aren't asking for the whole thing, that you know what you're asking and that you at least tried to solve it before.

Sometimes you get professors who aren't... "communicative" or "understanding" enough, so its hard to ask them some things.

This doesn't seems the case though.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

#17 MarkS   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 884

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

I'm fine with assignment related questions as long as it is "hey, i'm trying to do xyz, but this particular piece of x doesn't works, i tried to y the x, but it fails too. do you have any suggestion?" Showing that you aren't asking for the whole thing, that you know what you're asking and that you at least tried to solve it before.

Exactly! I would be glad to help if I thought that the original poster had at the very least come up with something.

Moche, I tell you what. You pay me $1000 US (very reasonable rate, BTW) and I will gladly write this for you. If we're expected to do it all, it might as well be a job.

#18 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8269

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Exactly! I would be glad to help if I thought that the original poster had at the very least come up with something.

Moche, I tell you what. You pay me $1000 US (very reasonable rate, BTW) and I will gladly write this for you. If we're expected to do it all, it might as well be a job.

I know you're talking tongue-in-cheek here but I wouldn't even make that offer.  This guy's doing a final exam, he clearly hasn't been paying attention during his lectures, he now expects to be handed a solution on a plate, he's taking umbrage that he wasn't handed one.  In other words he wants to come out with a pass mark and potentially get a job that he has neither inclination nor aptitude to actually be doing.  He's yet another a "plz send me the codez" merchant in the making, and we're doing the world a favour by preventing him from becoming one for real.

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#19 MarkS   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 884

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

I know you're talking tongue-in-cheek here but I wouldn't even make that offer.  This guy's doing a final exam, he clearly hasn't been paying attention during his lectures, he now expects to be handed a solution on a plate, he's taking umbrage that he wasn't handed one.  In other words he wants to come out with a pass mark and potentially get a job that he has neither inclination nor aptitude to actually be doing.  He's yet another a "plz send me the codez" merchant in the making, and we're doing the world a favour by preventing him from becoming one for real.

I wasn't serious. I spent years of hard work to get to the point that I am at. I love to help others and freely give my knowledge if it is applicable. I WILL NOT help someone take the easy way out. If he had actually tried and was stuck, I would gladly prod him in the right direction. I wouldn't give him the answer as it is for an exam, but I would help him come up with the answer.

What he is asking is for one of us to do his project without pay, solely for his benefit, at which point he will take full credit. And then there is the pesky cheating issue. Unacceptable.

Edited by MarkS, 10 July 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#20 Promit   Moderators   -  Reputation: 7560

4Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

Ok ok, that's enough. 

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS