• Create Account

3d engines for Android

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 beegor   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

Hi,

I recently wrote blog post about developing 3d game for android using Rajawali 3d engine. It is very nice engine with lots of tutorials and examples, but I am wondering if there is more mature (stable) engine out-there. 

Has anyone tried to develop for android with  http://jmonkeyengine.org/ or http://minko.io/ and if so would you recommend it?

Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 GameCreator   Members   -  Reputation: 750

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

I don't know about the engines you mentioned but two other strong possibilities are Leadwerks and Esenthel.

#3 beegor   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

Thanks,

I will check those out, although I prefer opensource projects.

#4 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 20270

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

There are several mature cross-platform engines listed in the forum FAQ.  If you want an Android-specific engine there are hundreds out there to choose from.

Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#5 beegor   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

Hi frob, 

thanks for your answer!

I know there are lots of projects out there, that's why I 'm asking for recommendation (to save some time).

I am looking for something that is

1. Stable on all android versions since Android 2.2

2. Cross-platform if possible, but stability is way more important 

3. Preferably opensource (but I am willing to pay if I get stability and cross-platform).

Somehow I doubt that cross-platform engine would work good on all platforms but I would be happy if somebody proved me that I was wrong.

#6 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 20270

0Likes

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

1. Stable on all android versions since Android 2.2

2. Cross-platform if possible, but stability is way more important 

3. Preferably opensource (but I am willing to pay if I get stability and cross-platform).

Somehow I doubt that cross-platform engine would work good on all platforms but I would be happy if somebody proved me that I was wrong.

Pretty much all of the cross-platform 3D engines on the forum FAQ satisfy those conditions.  

Unity3D is free unless you make a lot of money and then only requires minimal investment, it is very cross platform, and mature.  It also has a great community support system.

The other 3D systems cost more but are also relatively mature.

Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS